At Precious Seeds Montessori House we are honoured to continue the legacy of Brilliant Star Montessori Preschool, founded in 2002. This legacy is a commitment to strive for excellence in serving the South Surrey community by educating young children and their families about how to seek the treasures within people and promote unity and peace.
As a daily reminder of this legacy, at our Crescent Park location we have continued the Brilliant Star Montessori tradition of displaying a beautiful gemstone and a plaque reading this, “Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value. Education can, alone, cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit there from” in the welcome area.
At Precious Seeds Montessori House we offer a holistic early childhood education program. Holistic education programs guide each person to find meaning and purpose through community connections, natural world connections, and humanitarian virtues. The aim of this type of education calls forth an intrinsic reverence for life and a passion for learning.
Our Mission and Goals
Our mission is to emphasize both character development and intellectual development. The goals are to establish a safe, warm and caring environment within which students learn positive and appropriate ways to handle situations; to develop a strong sense of self-discipline, responsibility, courtesy and self-confidence; and to develop an atmosphere conducive to peaceful learning. To ensure the educational leadership needed to realize these goals, the school is dedicated to the pedagogical approach of Dr. Maria Montessori and the Early Childhood Education Program.
Our Guiding Principles
Children Come First
Developing a child-centred environment that fosters understanding and cherishes the uniqueness of each individual child and promotes his or her learning by remembering that:
- All children can learn;
- Children learn in different ways and at different rates;
- Learning needs to be relevant and responsive to individual needs and interests;
- Children learn best when they feel physically and emotionally safe;
- Learning should build upon children’s successes;
- Education should be holistic, developing the interdependent facets of the child’s mind, body and soul;
- Children’s self-esteem and happiness are key to successful learning.
Universally understood virtues are the building blocks of children’s characters. All members of the Precious Seeds community are responsible for modeling and mirroring these by demonstrating personal integrity in both action and words; respecting each individual for the unique talents and gifts that he or she brings to our community; living and learning together joyfully; striving to include the widest range of people in the school community, regardless of culture, socio-economic status or ability.
See the Virtues Project for more information. http://www.virtuesproject.com/
All funds go towards The Virtues Project International Development Fund.
- The children will be introduced to a developmentally appropriate concept of our Creator. We believe children instinctively know the truth about God and children can come to know about God’s invisible qualities through creation and caring relationships.
- Children in our program will hear: God created our world, God loves and knows everyone, we can talk to God, and we find joy in caring for the world and others.
- We acknowledge and respect the diversity of belief systems of families in our program and welcome everyone. We invite you to discuss what your child hears at school in relation to your own belief system in an effort to cultivate tolerance. Our program is not intended to convert anyone and we do not study religious curriculum.
Our Teaching Team
Staff at Precious Seeds Montessori House have been carefully chosen to care for your child. Teachers are qualified Montessori Early Childhood Educators and have extensive experience with children.
We pride ourselves on choosing the best possible caregivers for your child. Staff are thoroughly screened prior to their employment at Precious Seeds. Staff undergo an employment history check, criminal record check, health check, and multiple reference checks.
Furthermore, children benefit from a higher than average student to teacher ratio, with 3 teachers for our capacity of 20 children.
See Gallery for Classroom Photos